Saturday, January 7, 2012

Baby Soft Blocks


 So I always see such cute baby crafts out there, but with me still being in school and not financially prepared to have my own, you can only imagine how excited I was to find out that my sister is having a little bundle of joys that I can spoil with all those cute baby crafts!
So here it is Soft Baby Name Blocks!

So here's what you need:


Depending on the name you need 6 5in x 5in squares per block.  I had six letters therefore I needed 36 squares.
Extra fabric to cut the name out of.
Scissors
Sewing Pins


Begin by cutting large chunky letters of your child's name out. If your not good with free handing letters, a little trick is to print out the name the size you want it, cut it out then just trace it. It's kind of like a cheat stencil. Once cut out, sew all the letters on one square for each block.

Once you have the entire name sewn on, you want to sew all the surrounding sides on. It should look something like this. ..



Then you're going to sew each of the sides together being sure to do all this inside out. Make sure you leave a small hole for the stuffing. Once all sewn together, pull it through the opening you left so now it is no longer inside out. Stuff the blocks to the softness you want. Then sew up the small opening once completely stuffed. The final blocks look like this!

If you want them to be more block like and less fluffy, you can use the chair padding foam that has a definite shape to make them more defined as a block. 

Don't forget to follow me , so you can be entered in my giveaway I wrote about on earlier this week.


i linked up at :
Make It Yourself Monday


3 comments:

Heather Rae said...

This is sweet! I would love for you to link up with my party at http://anoriginalbelle.blogspot.com/2012/01/make-it-yourself-monday-10-link-up.html

Happy Monday to you!

Lizzie Barbie said...

They are awesome. New follower from the hop! Lovely blog! Looking forward to reading more crafty posts! Would you follow me back?
evescrochet.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

Welcome to the blog world! These are really cute! I'd love to make some for my son when he's learning his name.

Post a Comment