Sunday, January 8, 2012

Baby Cakes :)


So I'm sure everyone has heard the craze about cake pops and how simple and cute they are to make. Well over Christmas I was recently given a Babycakes Cake Pop maker by my mother-in-law, and I have to say, I'm in love!
I would not say I'm and expert cook or anything but this seriously was a blast to make. My sister just had a baby shower and I was extremely excited to have a reason to break this sucker in. And here was my cute results:


Aren't those lil guys so cute?

All you do is mix your box cake batter like normal. Then I used a large ziplock bag to dispense about a tablespoon of the batter into each indention, wait about 7mins and your small cake ball is ready! Simple as can be! Then all you have to do is stick a sucker stick in the middle, and dip them into some melted chocolate until completely covered and the Babycakes come with a small holder that you and place the sticks upright in, to let the chocolate dry. I dipped mine in white chocolate, and then I mixed some blue food coloring to make a few blue ones to write his name on. I then pipped on little eyes and a nose in brown icing, and used large blue flat sprinkles as a binkie and a small cupcake wrapper for a bonnet. They were definitely a hit at the party and the best part is you can make then ahead of time and because the chocolate creates an air tight seal around the cake, you don't have to worry about the cake drying out.







Another hit at the party was the center piece I found on Pinterest. I took one of the three wheelers that people are making and edited a bit to make a 4-wheeler instead since it was more fitting for the family. Everyone thought it was so cute.





We also made some of those cute onsies with the ties that everyone always loves for baby boys, which was so simple to do. We just used the iron on ties that you can find at hobby lobby and bought some plain white onsies, ironed them on real quick, there's a cute and easy gift that takes no more than 5 minutes to make, and doesn't break the bank either.



Here they are hanging on the clothes line we put up for decoration.


Anyways it was a very successful shower and we had a blast doing it. Until next time:)


1 comment:

Claire Justine said...

What a great idea,they are so sweet:) Thanks for sharing them on Creative Mondays :)

Post a Comment